WIP: Poppy Field Hawthorn

I’m finally making progress on my Hawthorn! I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it’s been 100 degrees this week, and the mere thought of stepping outside induces boob and knee sweat. Here’s where I’m at currently.  

The bodice is together, the skirt is pinned to my dress form. I really like the collar, but it is VERY bulky. Another note, you’ll need to sew the short edge of your collar with a 1/4 seam allowance, versus the 5/8th, to get it to match the neckline. Sewing it 5/8th’s it came up too short. From what I gather from the Flickr group, this isn’t just a problem I’m having. Also one of the darts on the bodice seems to have the sizes labelled in reverse. Not a huge deal, but a bit out of the ordinary for Colette’s normal perfectionism. The top and skirt are pattern matched, but not at the waist seam. I didn’t worry about it, because I plan on making a belt to cover it. Plus this pattern was very hard to me to match up well. 

I do have one thing to ask you dear readers! Should I add the short sleeve, or bind the armholes with bias binding? I’m torn, they both look good!  

I also I am no longer a red  head! It was fun while it lasted, but I didn’t want to have to keep bleaching my roots. That and the red dye faded probably twice as fast as any other color. I went back to my old standby, black.  

This color has always felt the most me. It doesn’t hurt that it looks awesome with my favorite red lippies either.  

Hope everyone is staying cool!  

2 thoughts on “WIP: Poppy Field Hawthorn

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: